Lawyer Ciro Cafiero
This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Professional activity and training
He is a lawyer of the Court of Rome.
In April 2016, he started with the lawyer Paola Pezzali at the Cafiero law firm “Pezzali e associati”.
He collaborated with the Martone & Martone Law Firm from 2008 until April 2016.
In the period between 2003 and 2008, he obtained a degree in Law with 110 cum laude from the Luiss Guido Carli.
At the same university, he subsequently obtained a specialization diploma for the legal professions, forming with the judges of the labor section of the Court of Appeal of Rome.
He has gained experiences in the field of civil law and, in particular, of labor law and industrial relations. It provides judicial assistance and out-of-court consultancy in relation to every profile of the employment relationship, including management and public employment, as well as to every profile pertaining to the organization of work in national and international companies.
By way of example, it deals with the management of personnel, company or branch transfers, procedures for redundancy, ordinary, extraordinary and derogation, and mobility procedures.
Expert in industrial relations, he assists companies in the area of corporate collective bargaining, also in the field of smart-working.
Expert work of the offices of direct collaboration of the Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office – Department for Family Policies.
He is the legal trustee of important production companies and various public bodies, including European ones.
In 2012, he was appointed expert of labor policies at the Ministry of Labor and Social Policies, in the offices of direct collaboration of the Deputy Minister.
He collaborated, as a labor lawyer, with the Governorate of the Vatican City State in the offices of direct collaboration of the Secretary General.
He has a good knowledge of English.
Former holder of the didactic collaboration contract for the teaching of labor law and industrial relations at the Faculty of Economics of Luiss Guido Carli.
In 2015, he took up the teaching position at the National School of Administration within the negotiation laboratory
He is a professor of labor law at the Master in Anti-corruption (a new model of public ethics: legal responses and new protagonists) at the post-graduate university school of the Link Campus University
He is a teacher within the training courses promoted by the Directorate-General for Training at the Penitentiary Administration Department of the Ministry of Justice
He is professor of labor law in the course of Data Protection and Privacy within the Bar Association of Rome, together with the Head of Global Data Protection of Enel.
He is a professor of labor law within the Master in Strategies of energy management systems of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
He teaches at the CISL research and training center.
It carries out training activities for Assolombarda companies.
He teaches at the 1st level Master in “Artificial Intelligence: law and ethics of emerging technologies”, promoted by the Laboratory of Innovation Law (InnoLawLab) of the Law Degree Course of the European University of Rome, with the contribution of the Third Foundation International pillar and with the participation of the A. De Gasperi Foundation in Rome.
He taught for the Centesimus Annus Pro Pontefice Foundation
He teaches training courses promoted by FederFarma
He is a member of the Catholic School of Higher Political Education promoted by the Jesuits at La Civiltà Cattolica (Community of Connections).
is part of the board of AIDP Lazio, as the vice president .
He sits on the board of Vides, one of the largest non-governmental organizations promoting women’s employment in the world.
He is a speaker at international seminars. In 2016, he took part in the “Youth round table on technology, strategy and creativity: what is the recipe to shape the future of investments? Who is going to benefit from the trust of the millennial’s generation? Where will you invest your savings in the future?” Promoted by the Saint-Petersburg State University of Economics in collaboration with Confindustria and Tim Wcap Accelerator.
Labor transformations, competitiveness and inequalities”.
He takes part in the debates organized by the Aspen Institute Italia.
He is a corporate partner of the American Chamber of Commerce in Italy, of which the Human Capital Committee is a member.
He has positions of responsibility in Unindustria, with particular reference to labor issues.
He is part of the advisory board of Geneva Macro Labs, a think tank made up of members of the ILO and the United Nations.
He is a member of the Executive Committee of the Italian Academy of the Internet Code.
He is a member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Working Group Trustworthy Technologies at the Paris office.
He is a member of the Advisory Board of “Laboratory of the Future, workshop of skills” at Alumni Collegio in Milan.
He is an expert in the work of the offices of direct collaboration with the Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office – Department for Family Policies.
He is a member of the Unindustria Technical Group “Labor and Industrial Relations”.
- Cafiero, Comment on Provisions for the formation of the State’s annual and multi-year budget (2007 Finance Law) in Hypertextual Labor Code, directed by G. Bonilini and M. Confortini, Utet, 2011;
- Cafiero, Commentary on the Protection of Work of Children and Adolescents (Law 17.10.1967, No. 977) in the Hypertextual Code of Work, directed by G. Bonilini and M. Confortini, Utet, 2011;
- Cafiero, Solidarity contracts, in Annuario del lavoro 2013, curated by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, The “nulla osta” of the European Court of Justice to article 32, 5th paragraph, of the l. 4 November 2010 n. 183, in Italian Jurisprudence, 5/2014;
- Cafiero, Reflections on the industrial structure of the South: the Pomigliano case, the refusal of concertation and the union case, on Rivista Giuridica del Mezzogiorno n. 3/2014;
- Cafiero, the term administration to the test of the contract with increasing protections, in Annuario del lavoro 2014, curated by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, The Jobs Act and its first implementation decrees, if the game is worth the candle on Rivista Giuridica del Mezzogiorno n. 1/2015;
- Cafiero, The social security taxability of the amounts subject to a novative transaction, in Italian Law n. 2/2015;
- Cafiero, The hours of trade union assemblies during working hours, in Italian Jurisprudence n.5 / 2015;
- Cafiero, The impact of technology on the labor market, in Annuario del lavoro 2015, curated by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, Still on the compensation scheme for illegitimate terms in Italian Jurisprudence n. 6/2016;
- Cafiero, Critical cues on agile work, Circular no. 8 of 2016 by the National Study Center AIDP;
- Cafiero, Labor relations in the sharing economy in Annuario del lavoro 2016 curated by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, Serra, New jobs, new safeguards, new organization of work published in La Società n. 3/2017;
- Cafiero, The role of the union in the new organization of work being published in the syndicalism, Rubbettino Editore;
- Cafiero, Note on agile work, published on ISRIL n. 27 of 2017 by Giuseppe Bianchi;
- Cafiero, The protection of worker privacy in the digital age published in “Working Papers On Line” of the Ezio Tarantelli Foundation;
- Cafiero, The reality of crowd work, published in “Annuario del lavoro 2017” by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, Technological Revolution, work and man in Proceedings of the Industry 4.0 conference and work at the Pontifical Lateran University, on www.centesimusannus.org;
- C. Cafiero, P. Pezzali, The new frontiers of business: smart-working, crowd work and corporate crises in pending relations in bankruptcy and in the agreed crisis solutions, in Coll. Business crisis law, edited by A. Caifa, legal Dike, 2018;
- Cafiero, artificial intelligence and collective bargaining: the new challenges, Circular no. 2 of 2019 by the AIDP National Study Center;
- Cafiero, Technological revolution, work and man on La Società n. 1/2019;
- Cafiero, The worker privacy and health challenge on the “Yearbook of Work 2019” by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, Respect for privacy and new forms of work on the “Yearbook of Work 2018” by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, Europe and work: a possible hope in People’s Policies. Faces, skills and method, edited by F. Occhetta, San Paolo Edizioni, 2020
- C. Cafiero, A. Guidi, art. 123-ter Report on the remuneration policy and on the remuneration paid during publication in Commentary on Legislative Decree no. 49 of 2019 transposing Directive no. 828 of 2017 (so-called shareholder rights 2), Cedam
- C. Cafiero, Parasubordination, riders and gig economy on Labor law, between reform and digital society, Giuffre ‘, 2020.
- C. Cafiero, Covid and force majeure, in Renegotiation: a need and a challenge for the future, edited by A. Caiafa, Nuova Editrice Università, 2021.
- Cafiero, If the unions play with the Fornero at the game of goose, on ADAPT Bulletin, 2012 n. 32, p. 2, www.bollettinoadapt.it;
- Cafiero, The good experiment of chemists, on www.europalab.net;
- Cafiero, Dialogue tests under the alibi of productivity, on Bulletin ADAPT 2012 n. 43, p. 2, www.bollettinoadapt.it;
- Cafiero, Sentenziando – Repertory of employment law judgments on Participation, Information and debate periodicals Tourism Commerce and Services UILTuCS UIL, n. 1 of 2013;
- Cafiero, From the crisis of the parties to that of the unions, passing through Grillo, on www.ildiariodellavoro.it;
- Cafiero, The crisis of the trade unions starting from Biagi, on www.ildiariodellavoro.it;
- Cafiero, Italian Reformation, on www.ildiariodellavoro.it;
- Cafiero, The work package? Guilt of Europe, on www.formiche.net;
- Cafiero, The waltz between the Constitutional Court and trade unions on company representatives, on www.giustiziadellavoro.it;
- Cafiero, the apprenticeship and the second level the two reforms that are good for the person, on www.ilsussidiario.net;
- Cafiero, Representation by law? This is why it would be unconstitutional on www.amicimarcobiagi.com;
- Cafiero, If the law of stability only makes the unemployed happy, on www.ilsussidiario.net;
- Cafiero, Apprenticeship, the three brakes of contracts for young people, on www.ilsussidiario.net;
- Cafiero, Italy 2014 Conference: correct ideas, but unattainable without reforms, on www.ildiariodellavoro.it;
- Cafiero, The leap of companies and trade unions to restore work to Italy, on www.ilsussidiario.net;
- Cafiero, Renzi’s single contract? A question of a miracle of companies and trade unions, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, Minimum wages by law? No thanks, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, Government and trade unions, join, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, social shock absorbers? A dangerous but necessary boon on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, the CCNL Unci – Cnai before the challenge of the rules on trade union representation, Buffetti Editore;
- Cafiero, Part-time and defensive solidarity: the interpellation n. 14 of 2016, Buffetti Editore;
- Cafiero, Coworking: an atypical contract to share workplaces, Buffetti Editore;
- Cafiero, You do not live by just article 18 and a single contract, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, Thanks to Renzi, the union won, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, The contract with increasing protections lends a hand to the public subsidiaries for sale, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, If the Jobs Act and its 92,000 contracts corner the union, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, Robot and technology: if the work of the future counts for the Jobs Act, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, Robot and technology, the job market of the future, on www.aspenia.it;
- Cafiero, The virus behind the moves of CGIL, CISL and UIL, on www. ilsussidiario.net;
- Cafiero, The truth of Minister Poletti, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero – F. Occhetta, Dangerous interactions – The work of the future at the crossroads of posthumanism, on Formiche n. 113/2016;
- Cafiero, Nuovo welfare and smart working, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, A reflection on smart-working and the role of the union, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, The crowd work: this stranger? on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, The technological revolution underway: who really governs the future? on www.aspeninstitute.it;
- Cafiero, The Syndicate? Today he is called to convert from a representative reality to a service reality, on www. Vita.it;
- Cafiero, Beyond the “odd jobs”, here is how crowdworking is developing, on www.corrierecomunicazioni.it;
- Cafiero, An algorithm is not worth the man, on www.corrierecomunicazioni.it;
- Cafiero, The curse of Foodora’s workers, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, The Dignity that is missing, The government can face the mess of the dignity decree only by creating a more fluid labor market on www.ilfoglio.it;
- Cafiero, The world of work amid innovations and old unresolved questions, on www.aspeninstitute.it;
- Cafiero, the guaranteed minimum income and intergenerational pact, on www.ilfoglio.it;
- Cafiero, Smart-working and data-sensitive: what new protections for remote workers on www.agendadigitale.eu;
- Cafiero, Privacy and workers, on the Personnel Department, AIDP Magazine;
- Cafiero, Respect for privacy and new forms of work on “2019 Annuario del lavoro” by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, Talents on the run: how to bring them home, on www.agoefilo.info;
- Cafiero, Work and artificial intelligence, a possible approach to face the new scenarios, on www.cybersecurity360.com;
- Cafiero, Carta di Nizza: path for labor protection and social rights, on www.benecomune.net
- Cafiero, Working more or perhaps too much in some sectors in the 4.0 economy, on www.aspeniaonline.it
- Cafiero, How capital and work change, on www.aspeniaonline.it
- Cafiero, Blockchain, how the job market can change, on www.blockchain4innovation.it
- Cafiero, The first 5 biases of the “Cura Italia” decree on www.ilsole24ore.com
- Cafiero, Work and technology at the time of the coronavirus, on www.comunitadiconnessioni.org
- C. Cafiero P. Pezzali Smart working from “Covid19” is not smart working, on, www.diritto24.ilsole24ore.com Cafiero, Among the three litigants, technology enjoys, on, www.ildiariodellavoro.it
- Cafiero, Worker privacy protection, published on www.diritto24.ilsole24ore.com;
- Cafiero, the sentence n. 194 of 2018 of the Constitutional Court: a challenge for the legislator in 2019 on www.diritto24.ilsole24ore.com;
- Cafiero, European labor law in the face of decent work and guaranteed minimum income, on www.diritto24.ilsole24ore.com;
- Cafiero, in search of a delicate balance between rights: at work, health, confidentiality, on www.aspeniaonline.it
- Cafiero, Parente, The 50 years of the Workers’ Statute, on the National Newspaper
- Cafiero, Rediscovering the meaning of work today, from the Bible to the Constitution, in the Magazine of the Pontifical Theological Faculty Seraphicum, San Bonaventura
- Cafiero, the Smart working Covid Free, on Lab-Oratoria, Aidp Lazio
- Cafiero, New cities and new works, on Vita Pastorale, San Paolo
- Cafiero, The blocking of layoffs: a double paradox for workers and companies on Lab-Oratoria, Aidp Lazio
- Cafiero, Connected to give work on comunitadiconnessioni.org
- Cafiero, The strength of the local, Editorial on comunitadiconnessioni.org
- Cafiero, Poste Italiane’s agreement on smart working on Lab-Oratoria, Aidp Lazio
- Cafiero, Protocol, vaccines and smart working: a complicated relationship on https://ntplusdiritto.ilsole24ore.com
- Cafiero, A new alliance between capital and work on comunitadiconnessioni.org
- Cafiero, Vaccines and smart working: a complicated relationship on Lab-Oratoria, Aidp Lazio
- Cafiero, Transform to Transform on comunitadiconnessioni.org
- C. Cafiero F. Occhetta, Celebrating the Work, on comunitadiconnessioni.org
He edeted reviews for Civiltà Cattolica
- Review to Giuliano Amato – Andrea Graziosi, Great Illusions, Bologna, 2013 on La Civiltà Cattolica, n. 3937, 5 July 2014;
- Review to Guido Baglioni, A tale of wage labor, Bologna, 2014 on La Civiltà Cattolica 3978, 26 March 2016;
- Review to Jeremy Rifkin, The company with zero marginal cost, Milan, 2015 on La Civiltà Cattolica 3998, 14/28 January 2017;
- Review to Pierluigi Celli, E senza piangere, Milan, 2015 on La Civiltà Cattolica n. 4002 11 March 2017;
- Review to Francesco Occhetta, Let’s rebuild politics, San Paolo Edizioni, 2019 on www.sussidiario.net;
- Review to Leonardo Becchetti, neurosceptics. Why getting out of the euro would be madness on La Civiltà Cattolica 4078, May 2020
- Interview with Father Francesco Occhetta s.j of Civiltà Cattolica on new jobs and the technological revolution on the blog of Francesco Occhetta (francescoocchetta.it);
- The night of the union signed by father Francesco Occhetta s.j. published on Civiltà Cattolica n. 3979 of 9 April 2016;
- The technological revolution, what effects? on Rai Economia;
- Europe and social security, the guaranteed minimum income, on Rai Economia;
- DDL for self-employment: the news on smart working, on Rai Economia;
- Work 4.0 signed by father Francesco Occhetta s.j. published on Civiltà Cattolica n. 4001 of 25 February 2017;
- Crowd Work: what is it and how does it work? on Rai Economia;
- Smart Working: the law approved in the Senate, on Rai Economia;
- What are the jobs of the Gig Economy? on Rai Economia;
- The Gig Economy? Tomorrow we will call it Crowd Economy on www.vita.it;
- Smart working and the new privacy discipline: the EU regulation 2016/679, on Rai Economia;
- Occupational safety: the four deaths in Milan, on RadioInBlu;
- Technology and safety at work, on Rai Economia;
- Artificial recruitment: limits and opportunities, on Rai Economia;
- The reasons for the sentence by Foodora workers on RadioInBlu;
- Regulation 679/2016 on privacy and labor relations, on www.askanews.it;
- Overcoming the dual paradigm between autonomy and subordination, in “Il Sole 24 Ore”;
- The reasons for the sentence by Foodora workers on RadioInBlu;
- The Dignity Decree on RadioInBlu;
- The Decree on the dignity of riders: the possible risks, on Life;
- The Decree on dignity: limits and opportunities, on Life;
- Jobs Act, severance pay: the expert’s point on Life;
- Innovation and Workers’ Statute: what relationship ?, on Rai Economia;
- Work and Foodora case: a historic and compromise sentence, on Vita.it;
- Judgment of the Court of Appeal of Turin and Foodora case, on RadioInBlu;
- May 1 and new workers’ protections, on RadioInBlu:
- Europe and the challenges of the new labor law on Radioradicale.it
- Reduction of working hours: solution or problem, on RadioInBlu
- The work of young people, on Dire.it
- The Cassation on riders, on RadioInBlu
- Work measures in the time of Coronavirus, on RadioInBlu
- 5 minutes with a Leader – Ciro Cafiero, on www.leadersfirst.org
- Because the protocol between Leonardo and trade unions helps the economy – Ciro Cafiero, on formiche.net
- The potential of smart working at the time of Coronavirus on Which Company Reopen the companies during Covid19, on RadioInBlu
- How to restart employment after Covid19 on www.osservatorioglobzzazione.it
- Contact tracing and constitutional limits on Tv2000.it
- The difficult balance of constitutional rights on LeFontilegal.it
- Immune App: limits and opportunities on Tv2000.it
- The difficult balance of constitutional rights on LeFontilegal.it
- Immune App: limits and opportunities on Tv2000.it
- The Smart Working post Covid on Interris.it
- Smart working and a city made to measure for men on Dire.it
- The Value of Work in the Encyclical “Fratelli Tutti”, on RadioInBlu
- Justice, “big digitization GAP”, on the opinion of freedoms
- The new jobs and the new job after Covid19 on Dire.it
- Work, safety and responsibility after Covid at RadioInBlu
- Work in the crisis on www.cittanuova.it
- The work that arises from the crisis on RadioInBlu
- Work, Watch out for buffer solutions on layoffs. Cafiero’s version on formiche.net
- Forced holidays and refusal to vaccines on RadioInBlu
- Covid: Cartabia good on Healthcare Operators Vaccines Obligation. C. Cafiero on Dire
- Cafiero: “With smart working, more autonomy for women and resources for the family” on Dire