Lawyer Ciro Cafiero
Professional activity and training
He is a lawyer of the Court of Rome.
In April 2016, he started with the lawyer Paola Pezzali at the Cafiero law firm “Pezzali e associati”.
He collaborated with the Martone & Martone Law Firm from 2008 until April 2016.
In the period between 2003 and 2008, he obtained a degree in Law with 110 cum laude from the Luiss Guido Carli.
At the same university, he subsequently obtained a specialization diploma for the legal professions, forming with the judges of the labor section of the Court of Appeal of Rome.
He has gained experiences in the field of civil law and, in particular, of labor law and industrial relations. It provides judicial assistance and out-of-court consultancy in relation to every profile of the employment relationship, including management and public employment, as well as to every profile pertaining to the organization of work in national and international companies.
By way of example, it deals with the management of personnel, company or branch transfers, procedures for redundancy, ordinary, extraordinary and derogation, and mobility procedures. He has also assisted pension funds for social security professionals.
Expert in industrial relations, he assists companies in the area of corporate collective bargaining, also in the field of smart-working.
He is the legal trustee of important production companies and various public bodies, including European ones.
He is a director of service companies of national importance.
He is President of En 3 Research, an important research organization in the field of productive activities, the environment and renewable energy.
In 2012, he was appointed expert of labor policies at the Ministry of Labor and Social Policies, in the offices of direct collaboration of the Deputy Minister.
He collaborated, as a labor lawyer, with the Governorate of the Vatican City State in the offices of direct collaboration of the Secretary General.
He has collaborated as a labor lawyer with the Commission for Productive Activities – Industry, Commerce, Tourism, Work Programming and other productive sectors of the Campania Region.
He has collaborated as an expert in the labor market and industrial relations with the UIL trade union, also dealing with the periodical “Participation”.
He is Of Counsel of the law firm Improda.
He has a good knowledge of English.
Former holder of the educational collaboration contract for the teaching of Labor Law and Industrial Relations at the Faculty of Economics of Luiss Guido Carli. He collaborates with the chair of Labor Law and Industrial Relations at the law faculties of the same university.
He collaborates with the Chair of Labor Law and Social Security of the “Libera Università degli Studi Maria SS. Assunta “(LUMSA) and with the chair of Labor Law of the University of International Studies in Rome (UNINT).
In 2015, he took over the teaching assignment in the negotiation lab at the National Administration School.
He is a lecturer in labor law for the Master in Anti-Corruption (A new model of public ethics: systematic responses and new protagonists) at the Postgraduate University School of Link Campus University and is a member of the scientific committee of the same Master.
He is a teacher in the training courses promoted by the Directorate General for Education at the Department of Penitentiary Administration of the Ministry of Justice
He is a lecturer in labor law as part of the Data Protection and Privacy course within the Rome Bar Association, together with Enel’s Global Data Protection Officer.
He is a lecturer in labor law in the Master in Strategies of Energy Management Systems of the University of Rome “La Sapienza” and a lecturer at the CISL Research and Training Studies Center.
He is a member of the Catholic School of High Political Education promoted by the Jesuits at “La Civiltà Cattolica”.
He is part of the board of AIDP Lazio, as area coordinator.
He sits on the board of Vides, one of the largest non-governmental organizations promoting women’s employment in the world.
He sits on the board of the Youth Economic Summit which, in 2015, selected him as Italian excellence.
He is a member of the Young Entrepreneurs and Professionals Council of Rome and Lazio.
He is a speaker at international seminars. In 2016, he took part in the “Youth round table on technology, strategy and creativity: what is the recipe to shape the future of investments?
Who is going to benefit from the trust of the millennial’s generation? Where will you invest your savings in the future?” Promoted by the Saint-Petersburg State University of Economics in collaboration with Confindustria and Tim Wcap Accelerator.
In 2017, in Turin, he took part in the international conference promoted by the Centesimus Annus Foundation entitled “People and organizations in the era of the digital revolution.
Labor transformations, competitiveness and inequalities”. He is a speaker at various conferences and seminars including those promoted by the Centro Studi Americani, Unindustria and the Order of Lawyers of Rome.
In 2016, he participated as a speaker at the round table on smart working at the Centro Studio Americani with the Minister of Labor, Giuliano Poletti, with whom he also discussed the topic of crowd work and new protections at the Pontifical Lateran University in the seminar of studies entitled: “Industry 4.0 and Work”.
He takes part in the debates organized by the Aspen Institute Italia.
He is an expert in the Coleman Research network.
He is a corporate partner of the American Chamber of Commerce in Italy, of which the Human Capital Committee is a member.
He has positions of responsibility in Unindustria, with particular reference to labor issues.
- Cafiero, Comment on Provisions for the formation of the State’s annual and multi-year budget (2007 Finance Law) in Hypertextual Labor Code, directed by G. Bonilini and M. Confortini, Utet, 2011;
- Cafiero, Commentary on the Protection of Work of Children and Adolescents (Law 17.10.1967, No. 977) in the Hypertextual Code of Work, directed by G. Bonilini and M. Confortini, Utet, 2011;
- Cafiero, Solidarity contracts, in Annuario del lavoro 2013, curated by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, The “nulla osta” of the European Court of Justice to article 32, 5th paragraph, of the l. 4 November 2010 n. 183, in Italian Jurisprudence, 5/2014;
- Cafiero, Reflections on the industrial structure of the South: the Pomigliano case, the refusal of concertation and the union case, on Rivista Giuridica del Mezzogiorno n. 3/2014;
- Cafiero, the term administration to the test of the contract with increasing protections, in Annuario del lavoro 2014, curated by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, The Jobs Act and its first implementation decrees, if the game is worth the candle on Rivista Giuridica del Mezzogiorno n. 1/2015;
- Cafiero, The social security taxability of the amounts subject to a novative transaction, in Italian Law n. 2/2015;
- Cafiero, The hours of trade union assemblies during working hours, in Italian Jurisprudence n.5 / 2015;
- Cafiero, The impact of technology on the labor market, in Annuario del lavoro 2015, curated by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, Still on the compensation scheme for illegitimate terms in Italian Jurisprudence n. 6/2016;
- Cafiero, Critical cues on agile work, Circular no. 8 of 2016 by the National Study Center AIDP;
- Cafiero, Labor relations in the sharing economy in Annuario del lavoro 2016 curated by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, Serra, New jobs, new safeguards, new organization of work published in La Società n. 3/2017;
- Cafiero, The role of the union in the new organization of work being published in the syndicalism, Rubbettino Editore;
- Cafiero, Note on agile work, published on ISRIL n. 27 of 2017 by Giuseppe Bianchi;
- Cafiero, The protection of worker privacy in the digital age published in “Working Papers On Line” of the Ezio Tarantelli Foundation;
- Cafiero, The reality of crowd work, published in “Annuario del lavoro 2017” by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, Technological Revolution, work and man in Proceedings of the Industry 4.0 conference and work at the Pontifical Lateran University, on www.centesimusannus.org;
- C. Cafiero, P. Pezzali, The new frontiers of business: smart-working, crowd work and corporate crises in pending relations in bankruptcy and in the agreed crisis solutions, in Coll. Business crisis law, edited by A. Caifa, legal Dike, 2018;
- Cafiero, Worker privacy protection, published on www.diritto24.ilsole24ore.com;
- Cafiero, the sentence n. 194 of 2018 of the Constitutional Court: a challenge for the legislator in 2019 on www.diritto24.ilsole24ore.com;
He writes about labor law and industrial relations on the “Huffington Post”, on “Aspenia”, speaking on “Lavoce.info”. He also writes about “The Work Diary”, “Formiche” and other online magazines. The following are the main articles:
- Cafiero, If the unions play with the Fornero at the game of goose, on ADAPT Bulletin, 2012 n. 32, p. 2, www.bollettinoadapt.it;
- Cafiero, The good experiment of chemists, on www.europalab.net;
- Cafiero, Dialogue tests under the alibi of productivity, on Bulletin ADAPT 2012 n. 43, p. 2, www.bollettinoadapt.it;
- Cafiero, Sentenziando – Repertory of employment law judgments on Participation, Information and debate periodicals Tourism Commerce and Services UILTuCS UIL, n. 1 of 2013;
- Cafiero, From the crisis of the parties to that of the unions, passing through Grillo, on www.ildiariodellavoro.it;
- Cafiero, The crisis of the trade unions starting from Biagi, on www.ildiariodellavoro.it;
- Cafiero, Italian Reformation, on www.ildiariodellavoro.it;
- Cafiero, The work package? Guilt of Europe, on www.formiche.net;
- Cafiero, The waltz between the Constitutional Court and trade unions on company representatives, on www.giustiziadellavoro.it;
- Cafiero, the apprenticeship and the second level the two reforms that are good for the person, on www.ilsussidiario.net;
- Cafiero, Representation by law? This is why it would be unconstitutional on www.amicimarcobiagi.com;
- Cafiero, If the law of stability only makes the unemployed happy, on www.ilsussidiario.net;
- Cafiero, Apprenticeship, the three brakes of contracts for young people, on www.ilsussidiario.net;
- Cafiero, Italy 2014 Conference: correct ideas, but unattainable without reforms, on www.ildiariodellavoro.it;
- Cafiero, The leap of companies and trade unions to restore work to Italy, on www.ilsussidiario.net;
- Cafiero, Renzi’s single contract? A question of a miracle of companies and trade unions, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, Minimum wages by law? No thanks, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, Government and trade unions, join, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, social shock absorbers? A dangerous but necessary boon on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, the CCNL Unci – Cnai before the challenge of the rules on trade union representation, Buffetti Editore;
- Cafiero, Part-time and defensive solidarity: the interpellation n. 14 of 2016, Buffetti Editore;
- Cafiero, Coworking: an atypical contract to share workplaces, Buffetti Editore;
- Cafiero, You do not live by just article 18 and a single contract, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, Thanks to Renzi, the union won, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, The contract with increasing protections lends a hand to the public subsidiaries for sale, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, If the Jobs Act and its 92,000 contracts corner the union, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, Robot and technology: if the work of the future counts for the Jobs Act, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, Robot and technology, the job market of the future, on www.aspenia.it;
- Cafiero, The virus behind the moves of CGIL, CISL and UIL, on www. ilsussidiario.net;
- Cafiero, The truth of Minister Poletti, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero – F. Occhetta, Dangerous interactions – The work of the future at the crossroads of posthumanism, on Formiche n. 113/2016;
- Cafiero, Nuovo welfare and smart working, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, A reflection on smart-working and the role of the union, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, The crowd work: this stranger? on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, The technological revolution underway: who really governs the future? on www.aspeninstitute.it;
- Cafiero, The Syndicate? Today he is called to convert from a representative reality to a service reality, on www. Vita.it;
- Cafiero, Beyond the “odd jobs”, here is how crowdworking is developing, on www.corrierecomunicazioni.it;
- Cafiero, An algorithm is not worth the man, on www.corrierecomunicazioni.it;
- Cafiero, The curse of Foodora’s workers, on www.huffingtonpost.it;
- Cafiero, The Dignity that is missing, The government can face the mess of the dignity decree only by creating a more fluid labor market on www.ilfoglio.it;
- Cafiero, The world of work amid innovations and old unresolved questions, on www.aspeninstitute.it;
- Cafiero, the guaranteed minimum income and intergenerational pact, on www.ilfoglio.it;
- Cafiero, Smart-working and data-sensitive: what new protections for remote workers on www.agendadigitale.eu;
- Cafiero, Privacy and workers, on the Personnel Department, AIDP Magazine;
- Cafiero, Respect for privacy and new forms of work on “2019 Annuario del lavoro” by Massimo Mascini;
- Cafiero, Talents on the run: how to bring them home, on www.agoefilo.info;
He writes about La Civiltà Cattolica, dealing with bibliographic reviews:
- Review to Giuliano Amato – Andrea Graziosi, Great Illusions, Bologna, 2013 on La Civiltà Cattolica, n. 3937, 5 July 2014;
- Review to Guido Baglioni, A tale of wage labor, Bologna, 2014 on La Civiltà Cattolica 3978, 26 March 2016;
- Review to Jeremy Rifkin, The company with zero marginal cost, Milan, 2015 on La Civiltà Cattolica 3998, 14/28 January 2017;
- Review to Pierluigi Celli, E senza piangere, Milan, 2015 on La Civiltà Cattolica n. 4002 11 March 2017;
- Interview with Father Francesco Occhetta s.j of Civiltà Cattolica on new jobs and the technological revolution on the blog of Francesco Occhetta (francescoocchetta.it);
- The night of the union signed by father Francesco Occhetta s.j. published on Civiltà Cattolica n. 3979 of 9 April 2016;
- The technological revolution, what effects? on Rai Economia;
- Europe and social security, the guaranteed minimum income, on Rai Economia;
- DDL for self-employment: the news on smart working, on Rai Economia;
- Work 4.0 signed by father Francesco Occhetta s.j. published on Civiltà Cattolica n. 4001 of 25 February 2017;
- Crowd Work: what is it and how does it work? on Rai Economia;
- Smart Working: the law approved in the Senate, on Rai Economia;
- What are the jobs of the Gig Economy? on Rai Economia;
- The Gig Economy? Tomorrow we will call it Crowd Economy on www.vita.it;
- Smart working and the new privacy discipline: the EU regulation 2016/679, on Rai Economia;
- Occupational safety: the four deaths in Milan, on RadioInBlu;
- Technology and safety at work, on Rai Economia;
- Artificial recruitment: limits and opportunities, on Rai Economia;
- The reasons for the sentence by Foodora workers on RadioInBlu;
- Regulation 679/2016 on privacy and labor relations, on www.askanews.it;
- Overcoming the dual paradigm between autonomy and subordination, in “Il Sole 24 Ore”;
- The reasons for the sentence by Foodora workers on RadioInBlu;
- The Dignity Decree on RadioInBlu;
- The Decree on the dignity of riders: the possible risks, on Life;
- The Decree on dignity: limits and opportunities, on Life;
- Jobs Act, severance pay: the expert’s point on Life;
- Innovation and Workers’ Statute: what relationship ?, on Rai Economia;
- Work and Foodora case: a historic and compromise sentence, on Vita.it;
- Judgment of the Court of Appeal of Turin and Foodora case, on RadioInBlu;